It’s a fun way to send off your college student in style…
At the end of last summer I found myself inspired by my cousin’s “Trunk Party”. He was headed off to university and his parents threw him a great party that we all got to participate in.
Here’s how it worked:
- Invitations went out to the trunk party.
- Included in the invitation was a shopping list of all the things he would need to start his college career (large and small).
- The list included items like toothpaste, laundry detergent, soap, a roll of quarters… you get the picture.
- We also had the choice of purchasing small dollar gift cards to Target and Walmart.
- When guests arrived at the party they gave my cousin a hug and threw the item(s) in his trunk.
Why this idea is genius:
The genius is two-fold. One, I feel like I contributed to my cousin’s college experience (even it was a box of dryer sheets) and two, rather than racking my brain over what great gift to bring, I just added him to my weekly grocery shopping list.
A win for the giver and the receiver – a concept I can completely get behind. Be Inspired.