Probably the second-most important “ask” in wedding planning…
It’s an honor to be asked and included in a wedding, no doubt. But the ladies being asked are also committing considerable time, energy, and finances to the wedding task – signing up to plan showers and events, handle a bride’s often mercurial moods, and stand in the gap when the wedding planner just won’t do.
So before you put them to work, fete them a little.
“Be My Bridesmaid” Cards
I love the perfect simplicity of these cards. The ones I’ve found use pretty images and poetic (and humorous) words to engage a new bridal party. Here are some of my favorite sites:
- MarryGrams – great cards, great thoughts, in wedding colors.
- Zazzle – colorful and customizable cards.
- Wedding Chicks – free, printable cards that you can customize and print yourself
“Be My Bridesmaid” Gifts
I admit that gifts may be a little over-the-top, but if you plan to be an over-the-top bride, start sowing those good seeds now! When you call up that bridesmaid at 3 a.m. with a wedding crisis, she needs to have a tangible reminder that you are more than the monster bride interrupting her REM cycle!
- Etsy – like all things Etsy – unique and customizable (candles to jewelry)
- Not on the High Street – offers both cards and gifts (small and appropriate)