Not just for kids anymore….
On Facebook I recently came across a friend coloring her stress away. I was impressed and inspired.
Shortly after that I received an email from Barnes & Noble full of these “Coloring Books for Grownups“.
May not be for everyone, but it could be a good gift for co-workers who need a little break from the day.
Sending a Little Old-Fashioned Love…
This week I had the honor of sending a care package to one of the students who used to be a part of our church’s teen ministry – he’s a college freshman now! The good news is that he loved it, thus inspiring this blog.
Note: Early November is a great time to send care packages. At this point students have already been in school for about two months and even those attending schools with great food are ready for a little hometown love.
Here are the items I included in my care package:
- Snacks (chips, popcorn, etc.)
- Candy (boxed cand
y is best for packing – think movie theater stuff)
- Quick Meals (mini microwavable Chef Boyardee)
- Non-Food Items (notepads, stamps, etc.)
- A Special Gift – this time I included a mug with his initial on it.
- Something Inspirational/Motivational (book, card, bookmark)
- A Letter from ME